Street Team: We are in charge of getting the word out about ECO and educating the community. We advertise for up-and-coming ECO events. Also, we visit Brashear School to work with the kids on their recycling program. Last semester, we played a fun, recycling version of Chutes and Ladders, so we are busy planning another fun way to teach and play with the kids. Once ECO events get rolling, you’ll be sure to see us chalking around campus and putting up eco-friendly flyers!
- “ECO’s Did you Know?” fliers around campus that present an interesting conservation tip of the week/month
- Plan for speakers to present a topic to both ECO and nonmembers with informal discussion sessions afterwards
- Educate Kirksville elementary school children about two times each semester about ecological concepts and energy conservation
- On Oct. 6th, 2007 members of the Education Committee worked on and presented “Best Management Practices for the Homeowner” at the Kirksville Water Fest, held at the Missouri Department of Conservation.
- On March 17th, 2008 members of Street Team presented information on waste disposal, the importance of local foods, and where the presidential candidates stand on green issues. They also sold recycled notebooks and face painted.
- On October 16, 2008 we traveled to Brashear Elementary and helped teach k-6 students the importance of conservation and recycling.